Institutional Development & Linkages and Information Network Division
The IDLIND handles all the networking activities of the Center including the establishment of local, national and international linkages or networks. It also facilitates the exchange and sharing of accumulated information.
Institutional Development and Linkages major functions are as follows:
- Identify and explore possible areas of cooperation and linkages, promote research and development collaboration in the form of joint research, exchange of publications, sponsorship of conference and other activities.
- Strengthen existing linkages (PHilMech, DA, NFA, DOST, PSFI, PGPC etc.)
- Actively perform the role of BIOMECH as stipulated in the AFMech Law (RA10601)
- Formulation of the National Agricultural and Fisheries Mechanization Plan (NAFMP)
- Lead and coordinate the agricultural and fishery mechanization RDE program of all academic institutions in the country. Formalize the HEI regional clusters and ensure the compliance of the database of the different HEIs.
- Formulation of the a unified National Agricultural and Fisheries Mechanization Research and Development and Extension (NAFMechRDE) Agenda
- Shall be part of the Agri-fisheries Mechanization and Engineering Resource Network
- Shall be involved in the national project on contiguous farming which shall be spearheaded by DA together with DAR and other agencies concerned
- Facilitate joint venture agreement / technical cooperation with local and international institutions for the local manufacture of machinery
- Membership to CSAM (formerly RNAM in 1979) to facilitate technical cooperation among the member countries
- Drafting of guidelines regarding IPR matters or issues
- Facilitate drafting, finalization and signing of MOUs or MOAs for joint undertakings or collaborative works
Information Network Function:
- Facilitate the exchange and sharing of accumulated experiences with different HEIs, government and non-government agencies and other countries
- Provide access to valuable and up-to-date publications and information on agricultural mechanization by establishing a database for agricultural mechanization
- Strengthen the information and communication technology networking among CSAM member countries and other countries with established network with the Philippines